Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Phase 3 Day 43

Conditioning

Sled (90lb of weight)

30 runs x 60 yards.
-51 minutes
-780 calories burned
-144 avg HR
-167 max HR

Kettlebell (20kg)

3 rounds: Windmills and Snatches
-12 minutes
-Much higher heartrate
-200 calories burned

Notes
Distance wise, that is easily the furthest I've ever pushed the sled.   I'm fairly confident in the distance because I push the sled in a parking lot with spaces.  Measure one space and its easy to add up the rest. 60 yards x 30 runs = 1800 yards, or 5400 feet.  Just over a mile. And at the end of it all, I felt fine. I just felt like I had a nice, long, sustained training session.  Conditioning.

Around the 20th run I started to feel some euphoria.  The sun was setting, the temperature dropping, I felt solid as fuck. I love sweating in the cold.  And as the darkness set in, the park lamps came on, flooding the lot with a yellow hue.

For me, I experience the most personal growth during these types of sessions.  They build a different type of strength.  Its not about the weight.  There is no one out there to impress.  One might say its about self-affirmation, but its not.  Its just about doing it because thats what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment