Friday, March 22, 2013

Phase 3 Day 38

Strength

1. Hang Snatch/Squat
30 minutes of work, lots of bar work and probably 25ish reps with 88 lbs.  Did some overhead squats too.

2. Backsquat
225x5; 275x3; 225x5. Video of last set.

3a. DB Snatch
75x5/5; 75x5/5; 75x5/5

3b.  Deadbugs
15; 15; 15

4. Poundstone curls
50 reps

Notes
I was insanely sore going into this workout.  This was 48 hours post the 50/20 of squats and 50/20 bench-chins on Tuesday.  Then lots of hill running and conditioning on Wednesday.  I can't remember the last time that literally every inch of my body was deeply sore like that lol. It took a while to warm-up.  Lots of tissue work on glutes and scapula.  Then it just took a bunch of movements with the bar to get my body into positions.

Once I got warmed up, everything felt good.  I firmly believe that the olympic movements are doing wonders for my mobility.  It took me a long time and a lot of work to be able to do these movements, but now that I can, I really feel like they are rapidly improving joint mobility/stability.  I'll also note that its important I understand neutral body positions.  That took months in and of itself.

I forced myself (and my friends) to do some back squatting because I'm tired of being so fucking sore from 1x a week squatting.


No comments:

Post a Comment