Saturday, September 3, 2011

Full Body

LIFT
Squat
365x1; 365x1; 405x1; 420x5 (vid)

Standing MP
135x5; 135x8; 155x5

Hammer Chins supersetted w/ Dips
8; 10
12; 16 (vid)



Notes
-My hips are too tight to break parallel.  I really can't get any lower with my current flexibility.  With that said, my squats are still a legit lift overall, imo.  When I look at the actual bar path, the bar is moving a long distance...its just when I get pretty low, I start going forward instead of down.  Anyways, mobility is something I need to continue to work on.  I could give a shit about getting ass to grass, just need to get 3 green lights... which I've done with over 500 pounds, so I'm not too worried about this.

-You can see my full range of motion on the chins by looking at the back mirror.

2 comments:

  1. A couple thoughts.
    1.)Goblet squats. Just do them. Get really low and push your legs apart with your arms.
    2.) Your elbows are way up and back. Getting them further down should help you stay upright.
    3.) I like your minimalist approach with just a shit-ton of chins and dips for assistance, but I also know you belt up on pretty much all your pulls and squats. You need to do some direct (weighted) ab work if you're going to do that. A few sets of back raises or dumbbell swings a week probably wouldn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep thanks. All good comments. I'll try the goblet squats and the elbows down. I'm going to mess around with my form. Gabe suggested a higher bar close stance style, which I think is a good idea. I have huge forward lean at the beginning of the lift (also clearly shows my huge anterior pelvic tilt).

    Agreed on core stuff... honestly I've just gotten lazy.

    ReplyDelete