Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday, August 31 - Heavy Bench

LIFT
Squat (deload weight)
275x5; 275x5

Bench
275x5; 315x2; 275x8

Pullups supersetted w/ Dips 
6; 6
10; 10

Notes
-Working on keeping my squat form extremely tight.  I'm resetting my arch after every rep.  Maybe that means I'm losing a little tightness in the hole.  I'm not sure.  I'll take a video on Friday if I can.  Either way, I feel like my form work will really start to pay off soon.

-The entire football team came in just as I started warming up with 135 on bench.  A dude comes up to me and says, "Are you done?"  I guess he asked me this to let me know it was time for the big bad D3 football players to bench. Lol.  No, I'm not done, I just started warming up. (I'm sure that wasn't obvious, fucknuts). I offered to let him work in.  He took up my offer and before I know it I've got 4-5 dudes swarming over my bench.  The rest of the team continued to give me bad looks as I benched.   Everyone seems to give the football team the benches and shit when they come in, and I guess I was supposed to do the same?  Lol.

-I continued to go about my bench workout.  I was pretty sore from Monday's DB inclines since I havent done those in about 6 months.  I only had 2 sets of 275 planned, but the douchey behavior of the FB team got me adequately fired up to go heavier.  I told one of the dudes to load up 3 plates.  At this point there was a change in attitude and they actually became supportive.  Second rep was a grind, but I finished it clean.  It ended up being a nice bench session.  I had dudes spotting me and loading/stripping my plates.  I plan to bench at this time every Wednesday on a regular basis.


1 comment: