Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gap Mountain Hike - Thursday, July 27th, 2011

Stats
Total Distance Up and Down : 2.69 Miles
Time Up: 30:10
Time Down: 32:45
Total Time: 01:02:55
Avg. Heartrate: 114 BPM
Calories Burned: 696
Gap Mountain is a perfect short hike.  It is under 3 miles, and you can do it in about an hour.  The second half of the ascent is a great workout if you push yourself a little bit.  My heartrate peaked at about 170.  That is about 85% of my max heartrate, so that gives you an idea as to the intensity.  Nothing insane, but I seriously wish I had something like this around me in STL.  Doing this 2-3x a week would incinerate fat.

Here is the MiCoach feedback.  Heartrate is the dark line, and speed is the lighter grey line.  Notice how my speed dropped as the heartrate peaked around the 25 minute mark.  This was the final steep part of the climb. (Click to expand)


The Ascent



The Summit



No comments:

Post a Comment