Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hill Sprints and Training Update

Hill Sprints
10 hills at ~85%

Notes
-1st time running hills with decent volume in about two weeks.
-My legs felt strong as hell today up the hill.  I think the hiking helped me a great deal.

Training Update
I did not get to workout as much as I would have liked well I was home in NH.  I hit a great bench PR, but I am a little disappointed I didn't test squat/deadlift.  It is what it is.

Now I am back, but my gym is closed until Aug. 8th.  I have an interview in D.C. the 9th.  That means the first time I can work lower body with a barbell is Aug. 10th.  This will probably be the longest stretch I can remember (years),  without squatting or deadlifting.  Ultimately, I think 2-3 weeks off is going to be awesome for my body.  I never give myself a rest.  Right now my lower back, hips, and knees feel great.  I'm going to use this opportunity to heal.

In the meantime I will keep conditioning up with the hill sprints.  Also, I may do some very high rep pump type work a couple of times... I have friends with little gyms in their apartment complexes.  I don't want to turn into a total softie.  Plus, I just like working out.  It feels good.


When I get back, I will likely do 2-3 weeks of 5x5 or something similar.   I will use it to quickly ramp intensity and volume.  After that, who knows.  Maybe more strength ladders.

1 comment: