Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Routine Update and Lift


The past few weeks my training has been all over the place.  The only consistent thing I'm doing is making sure I get in 2 full body strength workouts per week.  Work capacity is always the first thing to go, however maintaining strength by coasting for a while isn't too difficult.  Bar speed is moderately fast and nothing feels overly taxing at this point.

During the next couple weeks I'll be loosely following a full body routine posted by Jim Wendler.  Its simple and pretty hard to mess up.  I like simple.


Monday, August 29 - LIFT
Squat (60% of est. 1rm)
275x5; 275x5

Deadlift
405x5; 405x5

Low Incline DB Bench supersetted w/ Chins
100x8; 100x8; 75x12
6; 6; 6

Notes
-Deads felt relatively easy tonight.  I was a little worried that squats would leave me fatigued, but using deload weight shouldn't really affect too much - and it didn't.

-Incline DB bench was fun as hell tonight.  Felt good to throw something new into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment