Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27 - Day 15

LIFT 2x5
Deadlift
165x5; 165x5

Bench
225x5; 225x5

Chins supersetted w/ Dips
5; 5
12; 12

DB Swing
35x20

1 Arm Overhead DB Walk
Left 35lb x 50 yards; right 35lb x 50 yards

Notes
-Lower back hasn't been this smoked in a looooong time.  My entire backside from ass to traps was mush.  Its been a while since I went heavy on deads.  I've forgotten how one set can basically destroy your entire body.  It also reminded me why rounding your back is bad.  Good thing I have a kick-ass gf that is willing to deep tissue massage my entire back.

-Back to the standard 40 day program.

2 comments:

  1. on the OH carries, make sure you cue yourself to get tall. you should be able to feel your obliques HARD with your other hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get tall is a good cue - thanks. Definitely felt this in my obliques on the opposite side, but I'll focus even more. I wa surprised at how they felt "easy" during the set, then when I lowered my arm and realized my back/traps/abs/obliques were working pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete