Monday, September 19, 2011

V-Diet Update

I wanted to keep more detailed daily notes, but I only have so much time for blogging.  Here is a quick week 1 recap:

Starting Day 8, I'm down 6.4 pounds, and have lost approximately .5 inches on my waist.

As expected, day 2 and 3 were the hardest.  Extreme hunger hit me day 2, and the mental games hit me hard day 3.

I was "off" the diet for about 24 hours from day 4 to day 5.  Long story short, I had an interview across country.  I had severe brain fog the day before trying to prepare.  Long term employment is obviously more important than a 30 day diet, so I decided to get a small cup of chili so I could think clearly.  Later that night, I also got a huge salad (fat free dressing, and absolutely no crap, just tons of veges).  I didn't want to go into the interviews the next day with awful protein farts, so I laid off the protein.  The next morning in the airport I got an egg white flat bread, and for lunch at the interview I had another huge amazing salad.  I counted this as my healthy solid meal for the week.  Post interview in the airport I had I large Oktoberfest beer, and on the plane I ordered a bourbon.  Overall, I really don't think my caloric intake was much different than what I consume on the vdiet.

Other than that, the diet has been clean.  I'm pretty well adjusted to the feeling of absolute emptiness in my stomach 95% of the day.  I already feel like completing this diet is well within my reach.

I will say right now - I offer no apologies (to whoever I should feel sorry to in the first place) about detouring off this diet at times.  I'm not going to let this detrimentally impact my school/career when I've put so much into it.  I already know I will again do the "24 hour" break this thursday night - Friday for another interview.  Oh well.  I'm losing weight fast and looking better everyday.

Here are my measurements for this morning, day 8.  Right hand column is the change from last Monday.  There is going to be a little user error obviously with the tape measure.  I have no idea how I "lost" an inch on my right ankle, and "gained" 1/4 inch on my left ankle.  I may just stop measuring my ankles.  What really baffles me is why Chris Shugart thinks its important to measure your fucking ankles in the first place.

Weight 245.4 -6.4
Neck:   15.5 -1.125
Shoulders: 52.25 +0.25
Chest Upper:  45.5 +1.5
Chest Lower:   44.75 -1.5
Waist- Navel:  39.5 -0.5
Waist: Largest:  40.5 -0.5
Hips: 45.5 -0.75
Upper Arm Right: 15.5 -0.5
Upper Arm Left:  15 -0.375
Upper Leg Right:  29 -0.125
Upper Leg Left:  28.25 -0.125
Lower Leg Right:  16 -0.125
Lower Leg Left  15 3/8 -0.125
Ankle Right:  9.25 -1.125
Ankle Left:  10 +0.25

2 comments:

  1. cankles.. jk

    I don't think anyone can judge you without being in your position. Securing a job for your future trumps a diet.

    When I was losing, it was about 5lbs per 1 inch on my waist. I am willing to say that your first 1/2 inch and 5lbs may just be water and bloat, but as long as you can keep it up for the whole 4 weeks, you will e in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I agree probably 4-5 pounds were water. My deficit is about 1000-1200 per day, so I'm looking to lose 2.5-3 pounds of fat per week. I haven't been fully depleted at any point (on purpose) because of what it does to me mentally.

    The other thing is, even with the myotape, I'm not sure all my measurements are 100% accurate. Like I seriously doubt I gained 1.5 inches on my upper chest and lost an inch on my ankle lol.

    ReplyDelete