Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 47

Deadlift

315x3; 365x2; 405x2; 455x1; 495x1 (no belt PR)

BTN Press
135x3; 145x1; 155x1; 155x1; 165x1; 185x1 (PR)

Notes
This is a session from about 10 days ago. I was balls deep in bar exam studying, and went in basically tripping on no sleep.  This was an important day for me psychologically, because I spent most of the summer on a very reduced training schedule.

This was a mini training peak, but it gave me something to focus my training on for a 6 week period while I was studying and shit. My best rep pulling is 495x5, which for whatever reason I've done 4-5 times.  Nonetheless, pulling this one time was very important to me.  I've never pulled 500 pound without a belt. Moreover, I did it while employing the neutral position I've been working on over and over and over again.

For the sake of posterity, I need to note that I was severely convulsing on the pulls from 405 up to 495.  Matt was at the gym, and literally lol'ing in my face because my entire body was spasming during the pulls.  I knew why it was happening at the time: extreme neural fatigue.  Now, I've seen plenty of dudes talk about how CNS fatigue doesn't exist, yadda yadda yadda.  Well suck my cock, because it does.  Call it whatever you want, but I saw it manifest clear as day in real life. Sleep was lacking, I had too many stimulants for days, and I had been engaged in intense mental work from morning to night nonstop.  Then I go into the gym and body is literally spasming/bucking from deadlifts.  I thought it was neat to see it all play out so vividly in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment