Thursday, August 22, 2013

Extra Workout 7

Scap emphasis

1. Scaption
1x10; 1x10; 1x10

2. Pushups
7; 7; 7

3.  BTN Jerk
135x2; 135x2; 135x2

4. Overhead Shrug
95x8; 95x8; 95x8

5a. DB Curl
40x8; 40x8

5b. CG Incline
135x8; 135x8

Notes
Really hammering the scap stuff and I'm seeing great improvements.  These are simple little workouts, but I really like working on specific things on days separate from the big movements.  All week long my rear delts have been insanely sore.  To be honest, I can't ever remember my rear delts being sore, and I wasn't sure what was causing it.

They immediately started burning on the scaption and overhead shrugs tonight. Ding ding ding.  Thats whats been doing it.  I've found that actually the one pound dumbbells are more effective for me during the scaption shrugs.  It just is what it is.  I can feel a great contraction and I think all that upper back shit is starting to move a little better.  I tested the BTN jerks to see what happen with my neck position.  Its pretty crazy, the second I begin to overhead press, my neck juts forward like an ostrich.

When I force my neck to stay neutral and packed, all this weird ass shit moves around in my low scapula and ribs. It kind of feels good in a way.  I find it fascinating that such a minor change in head position really does impact stuff all the way down my spine.  Cool shit.

Edit: pushups also feel completely different in the upper back area.  A couple of days ago Matt said I wasn't getting as much crazy scapular winging like I was before.  Still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment