Friday, August 10, 2012

Pre-Routine Conditioning Day 3

Warm-up: Foam Rolling, tons of hip circles, mountain climbers, goblet squats, windmills, more hip circles, box squats, facepulls, more box squats. (More on this below)

Chins supersetted w/ Dips
BWx5; 53x4; 53x3
BWx8; BWx8; BWx8

Pushups supersetted w/ Close Grip Cable Row
20; 20; 20
100x20; 100x20; 100x20

Notes
This is going to be my mid-week upper body training session.  Volume will be signicantly higher, but essentially this is a bodyweight oriented, high rep recovery day.  Eventually I would like to work up to 200-300 total reps, split evenly between push/pull on this day.  Chins will be bodyweight for a while, I just wanted to see where my strength was at on these.  I've been much better.

So, apprently squatting 185 pound yesterday fucked up my hip.  I could barely come out of a squat position in warmups without falling over in pain.  It doesn't hurt going down, but when I go up, I have pretty intense pain in my left hip flexor (or whatever is around there).  This is extremely disheartening to say the least.  After almost 6 weeks off, I come back, do a ridiculously light, responsible session, and today I'm in pain.  Hopefully its not going to be a big deal. But seriously, fuck this shit.  If its not better by Monday I'm just going to leg press and deadlift a shitload.  Fuck it.

Tonight I bought The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf.  I didn't like it at first, but I'm about 100 pages in and I've already got several solid take-a-ways.  I think I'll do a write up sometime this weekend when I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment