Friday, August 24, 2012

Hypertrophy Phase - Week 2, Day 10

90 seconds rest, 4 sets, 8-10 reps

Deadlift
365x8
315x8
315x8
315x8

Leg Press
360x8
360x8
360x8
360x8

Split Squat
BWx8/8
BWx8/8
BWx8/8

Calves
5-6 sets of very high reps

Steep decline Abs
35x8
35x8

Band Pull Aparts
30
30
30

Notes
I was very close to calling it after deadlifts.  The short rest periods are really killing me with deads right now.  My upper back is constantly sore.  A lot of my body is constantly sore.  The key to this program is not giving a fuck if you are sore.  High volume with increasingly heavy weights and shortened rest periods is going to leave you sore.  You can't worry about the bar weight, or if this or that isn't fully recovered.   You are never fully recovered on a routine anyways.  If you are, it is doubtful you are consistently getting stronger.

It is worth mentioning, as this is a muscle building routine, that I am visibly building muscle already.  I'm definitely getting bigger.  Diet is decently clean.  I'm getting plenty of protein.  The only thing I need to improve on is wine.  I'm in a wine drinking phase... about a bottle a night haha.  I'll cut it out this weekend, but I just like wine.  I like to drink 4 glasses over a 3-4 hour period.  Its so fucking enjoyable as I read strength blogs, books, etc.  Anyways, I believe this 6 day a week routine is winning the war against the wine, because I'm definitely leaning out.

Tonight, pasty as hell, after legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment