Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hypertrophy Phase - Day 2

Skipped warm-ups

120 second rests

Bench
205x13
205x10
165x13

Bent Row
185x13
185x13
135x15

Seated DB Press
40x15
40x15
40x15

BB Curl
65x12
65x12
65x12

Notes
Lifted in my dress pants tonight because I forgot shorts haha.  I need to tone done the intensity a little bit.  120 seconds rest is actually a lot for me right now after all of the metabolic training/conditioning.  So even though this is all light weight, still pushing it hard.  Most of the time I'm actually using lower than 120 second rest period.  Tonights workout was about 35 minutes.  Sweating like an animal, but it feels great.

I'm a little up in the air with regards to bent rows immediately following both deadlift days.  Would I program it that way for strength?  Absolutely not.  In fact, I've often said I believe a bent row is one of the only true "replacements" for doing deadlifts every week.  So to have those two exercises back two back for a combined total of 4x a week is pretty intense.  I will be fatigued and it will significantly affect poundages.  So what?  I'm actually curious as to what will happen. My theory: my back is going to blow the fuck up and get crazy strong.  Having a big strong back is fucking awesome.  Back is everything in strength training.  Everything.  I never see any truly strong dude that doesn't have a big back.  I'm not talking about a guy that happens to be pretty good in one lift. I mean a guy that is just diesel all around. Strong mofos always have wide, thick and yoked backs.

Diet was more dialed in today.  Carbs were slightly high, but its hard for me to get under 35 net cabs because i eat ridiculous amounts of green veges.


Cals
2648
Fat: 183g
Carbs: 79
Fiber: 35
Protein: 206 

No comments:

Post a Comment