Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Week Review

Last week I was happy to make it into the gym Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.  I'm not logging my workouts because quite frankly, I forget most of what I did.  I was able to hang out and lift with Matt on Wednesday and Thanksgiving morning, which was a ton of fun.  My old training partner, Chris, also spotted me on a 315 bench on Wednesday night.  He came in to hang out and catch up even though he had already lifted earlier in the day.  I thought that was damn cool of him and made the session that much more fun.

The only negative to report is that Thursday morning I severly pinched something in my left shoulder while overheading pressing.  Hard to describe what it feels like other than an impingement.  It got consistently worse until I finally put in a 60 minute total mobility session last night.  

I've let the mobility, warm-ups, and soft tissue work fall to the wayside in the past couple of months.  Its not that I want to, its just that I don't have the time or energy to do it when I can barely fit 2 shitty sessions in a week.  So, its kind of caught up with me.  Its not terrible - I do active thoracic stretching literally everyday, its just some tissue work that I need to grind out.

No comments:

Post a Comment