Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12-30-13

1.  KB Swing, 53lbs
10; 15; 25; 100

Notes
This was a prep day for the 10,000 Kettlebell Challenge (Dan John).  Basically, this is a GPP program.  I need and want this.  I care about two things right now: 1) my squat; and 2) my bodyfat/conditioning.  In this program, you rotate the KB swings with a strength movement.

I'm kind of in a weird place right now.  Because of my knee, my body can't keep up with moderate training goals.  At the same time, I want to keep pressing forward. So that leaves me in the awkward position of setting out to do things that may not be possible.  In any event, hinging type stuff doesn't typically bother things, although tonight the 100 reps left my knee a little numb.  MRI is scheduled for this coming Thursday at 2:30 p.m.  Its moving slowly, but at least I'm finally addressing it.

My girlfriend is doing this program, and I have no doubt she will complete it.  And unlike me, she'll probably do it exactly as prescribed haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment