Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 36

GOLF
 Played 18 holes in the morning.  Played terrible.  Went back in the afternoon and hit 2 large buckets.  I'm re-planing my swing.  Long story short, this is akin to rebuilding a squat or something like that.  It takes a ton of work.

Run
-42 minutes
-147 avg HR.

So I knew there were trails by my house, I just never took the time to go check them out.  These are seriously awesome and are basically mini mountains to run up and down.

The forefoot running finally clicked.  I really think it was running over the dirt and rocks that made a huge difference, instead of just landing on the hard pavement step after step.  It was like the musculature and tendons of my feet just completely relaxed.  The cool thing about minimalist shoes is your can feel all the rocks, etc below your feet.  It kind of hurts, but in a good way.  Also, you have to look down and constantly pay attention to foot placement., and a lot of the steps have to be lateral.  This really seemed to loosen up my calves, ankles and feet.  Felt good.  Heartrate stayed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment