Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hypertrophy Phase - Week 3, Day 14

60 Seconds rest, 4-5 sets, 8-10 reps

Friday Night

Deadlift
405x8
365x8
315x8

Bench
225x8
185x8
135x8

Notes
Best I could do given my time/life constraints.  I'm typing this post from a hotel in Cleveland.  Week 3 sucked.  I couldn't really follow the program at all.  It is what it is.  Not a lot of volume on Friday night, but with 60 seconds rest, the deadlifts were very challenging.  It felt like I was sprinting for 5 minutes straight.

I'll have to check the BIG BEYOND BELIEF (haha) ebook, but next week I go into lower reps.  8-10 reps the first half of the week, and 5-8 the second half of the week.  The biggest change, however, is that the  rest periods move to 3 minutes for all 3 weeks.  I'm honestly looking forward to actually lifting.  I do see value in the low rest periods for a lot of people, but  I came into this program fresh off a conditioning phase.  I didn't really need super low rest periods to get into lifting shape.  Also, I can officially say now, high rep deadlifts with low rest periods is fucking awful and stupid. Again, I'm looking forward to actually lifting next week.  Hopefully "life" won't get in the way too much, but I have a move, etc that might impact my routine.



No comments:

Post a Comment