Friday, June 29, 2012

Record Breaking Heat: Lets Condition Outside

It was 104 degrees out, which apparently broke the all time record in DC.  By the time I got to the gym, it had dropped to a cool 101, with a heat index of 110.  So, I thought to myself, why not go on the roof and do some intense conditioning to end the week? Haha.

Low Bar Sled Pushes
20 yards x 8

Sledgehammer Swings
20 left/20 right
20 left/20 right
20 left/20 right

KB Snatch 5 Minute Challenge
44lb x 68... lasted maybe 4:30.
(done in 10/10, 8/8, 6/6, 4/4, 3/3, 3/3 fashion)

Banded Face Pulls
3 sets of 15

Notes

I can't remember that the last time I've sweat that much. It was completely pouring off my body.  It felt fucking awesome.  The sleds on the roof are kinda funky and only have a low bar handle. They are smooth enough on the turf.  They will have a similar effect as the prowler.

Dan John gave me the idea for the descending ladders on the 5 Minute KB challenge.  Eventually I want to get to 20/20, 15/15, 10/10, 5/5.  Also, I need to actually use the 53 for this.

I was really surprised at how winded the sledghammer got me.  Will definitely be doing this more.

This was a fun and challenging conditioning session.  Push a sled. Pound a sledghammer.  Swing a cannonball.  My kind of cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment