Thursday, June 7, 2012

Full Body Strength Day - 6/07/12

Conditioning/Warm-up
1.5 Mile Run
Didn't have my heartrate monitor on, but I kept this extremely light.  10k is Saturday at 7:30 a.m., so I basically treated this day like I would a few days before a meet.  Get the blood flowing, stay loose, and thats it.

Strength - 3 Rounds (superset)
Deadlift: 365x8; 365x8; 365x8
Press: 155x6; 155x6; 155x6
Chin: 53x3; 53x3; 53x2.5

Video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmH5tMdbYH0

Notes
Long ass day today.  I was tired, and pressed for time.  I decided to just do a full body circuit to get some work in and get out of there.  I also wanted to keep it relatively light since I have the 10k on Saturday morning. If I had trained longer for the 10k, I may not have lifted tonight.  But, considering I randomly decided to do this run, I'm not going to totally sacrifice my lifting.

Tonight was fun for a change of pace.  My chinning strength has absolutely plummetted.  Kinda pisses me off.  Probably can't expect much since I barely lift now, but I'm starting to get the itch to ramp up the intensity, or at least have a better plan.  I don't know.  I change my mind daily. Chin strength also doesn't respond well to getting fatter.  I'm about to go back into ultra strict mode.  Its just a constant influx of traveling and social stuff with the firm taking me out, being in a new city, etc.  Tough to make friends and have fun if you are eating low carb and not drinking alcohol.  I'll post up a more definitive plan soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment