Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2/03/14

1.  Squat
320x5  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huk2NICj_ZE
320x5  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9RqQURN49c
320x5  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QGVy0TOLTw

2a.  Swings
200

2b. Pushups
40

2c.  Chins
20

Notes
Squats only look average, imo.  I felt like I was starting to "good morning" the weight up a little, so I texted Gabe and he said basically keep chest up and stop shooting up hips.  And yep, if you look at the video, my chest drops as my hips shoot up out of the hole. Its hard to tell from the angle, but while all this is happening, my knees concurrently cave.  Its too early for me to develop poor tendencies, so next session: chest up, knees out, hips normal.

Overall, I want to develop a squat that is smooth transition out throughout the entire ROM.   Or at least not disjointed like the above sets.  Its not horrible, but I can do better.

3 comments:

  1. First, can you post links? lol

    Second, why do people always want to get in your camera?

    Last, ok.. I did see it a little on here. Try to work on keeping your chest up and not shooting hips back. But if that doesn't work...

    You are probably tired of hearing this..

    And I may be off, but I won't know unless I was there in person..

    I think your stance can be wider. I don't have a great view of it, but it just looks so damn close from your video angles. I'm 6'1 and you're 6'4. I don't think I have a wide stance, but its definitely outside shoulders.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNy1AMRBLq4

    Are you at least outside shoulder width?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I can, although in my defense, trash-hole blogger should auto make links if you post a URL. Its internet 2014. I have no idea why everyone always does that. People often film themselves at Balance (especially the guys making cameo in my vids), but for some reason I seem to be a target. It happens so often, I just ignore it. You don't even see the half of it, that they do before I cut the clip.

    My stance is very close. I moved it out a little in the third set. I try it wider literally every time I warm-up and it hurts my hips. I don't really know what to do about it at this point. I can go rock bottom deep on goblets/barbell, but then switch over and it feels impinged. I'll keep trying stuff and maybe I'll come up with an idea, because I definitely don't want this long ass ROM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My take on the stance right now is at least its got me squatting regularly pain free. If it gets to the point where I feel I basically can't progress with that stance, then I'll go back to the drawing board. Maybe become a geared lifter haha.

    ReplyDelete