Sunday, February 9, 2014

10,000 Swings Complete

Swings (53)
10 clusters 25, 50, 25 (1000 reps)

75 minutes

Notes
Done!  1000 swings for my last "challenge" workout.  It was hard, but I was ready for it.  I had a lot of fun with this program.  It was a challenge different from anything I've done before.  Before doing an in depth write-up, I'd like to reflect on it and also maybe get a couple barbell sessions in for additional feedback.  Based on what I saw tonight (explained below), I think I'll be pleasantly surprised with some of the carry over.  Heres as short list of what I saw as the program developed:  increased swing efficiency; much improved hinge patterning; fat loss; huge improvements in aerobics; muscle put on in glutes, hams and back; iron fucking grip.  Other stuff:  improvement in pushup/chin volume; goblet squat was great for back squat; one arm kb press much improved.


Barbell Practice Warm-up
1.  Bench
135x8; 135x8; 135x8

2. Deadlift (conventional and semi-sumo)
275x3; 275x3

3. Pendlay
185x3; 275x2 (PR)

4. OHP
95x5; 95x5; 95x5

Notes
Before my swing workout I did a little barbell work just messing around with form and positioning.  Pendlay 185 just flew up like nothing.  I was like wtf? So I threw 275 just to see, and I banged out a fairly easy double.   I had to check my records.  I've done 275x2 with straps, but not raaaaw.   The swwwwwing.


No comments:

Post a Comment