Monday, October 1, 2012

Down Week - Day 1

10/2/12

10 mins KB work

15 mins sled pushing/pulling

Notes
I'm going to ramp up the conditioning over the next 1-2 weeks to get me back in fighting shape for another 6-8 week hypertrophy run.   This cycle however I'll limit the lifting to 3-4 days per week to make time for more conditioning work.  Once I get going, I enjoy interval style conditioning just as much as lifting.

I've been thinking about what worked and didn't work during Big Beyond Belief.  The standard template is 6 days per week.  I don't think it was necessarily the high frequency that facilitated mass gains.  I think it was the reps.  4-5 sets of 15 reps with 60-90 reps will give you an incredible pump.  I now believe that people who casually dismiss "the pump" have never really trained for a pump.  Do some high rep shit, 15-30 reps with low rest and tell me that shit isn't getting you bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment