Sunday, October 21, 2012

ALL GLUTES ALL THE TIME

SUNDAY GLUTE WORKOUT

Myofascial Release:
GLUTES, IT Bands, Rectus Femoris, Low Back, and crushed the shit out of my Hip Flexors

Stretch/Activate:
Hip Flexor/Rectus Femoris paired with Glute Bridges
Piriformis paired with Side clams/Fire Hydrants

More GLUTE Activation:
Hip Thrusts
Single Leg Hip Thrusts

Hypertrophy:
Single Leg Hip HyperExtension on Low Band
Single Leg Hip HyperExtension on Low Cable (better than bands)

Core:
Split Stance Low Cable Lifts w/ Rope - 50x6/6; 50x6/6
RKC Plank: 30 seconds?  See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TKktamzq4o&feature=plcp

Notes
Actually starting to feel my glutes work on some of the exercises.  I'm not moving up to heavy glute work until I can actually feel my glutes working when I squeeze the fuck out of them doing this easy stuff.

Core work is fun - there are a ton of cool exercises I'm going to start doing.  Gabe and I were talking and he said something like - "you're basically going to be doing glutes, abs and arms."  Pretty much.

But for real - glutes and some sort of core work WILL be done everytime I train.  Which is like 5-6 days a week usually.  I'm of the opinion that if you have a weakness, you hit that shit hard and you hit that shit frequently.  If you suck at something you certainly shouldn't do it less.


No comments:

Post a Comment