Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sheiko Week 2 Day 3

Warm-ups
Took extra time to warm-up today.  5 mins erg row machine.  Static/dynamic stretching.  Goblet squats, KB Swings, and KB Clean & Press.  Every time I take my time with warm-up I have a better training session.

LIFT
Squat
225x2; 275x2; 315x2; 335x2; 335x2 (vid)

Bench
225x3; 240x3; 255x3; 275x2; 275x2(vid); 290x1; 290x1; 245x3; 225x3

Y.T.I's
5x13/13/13; 5x13/13/13

Farmer's Walks
80/80 x 40 yds; 80/80 x 40 yds; 80/80 x 40 yds; 80/80 x 40 yds;

Standing Calf supersetted w/ Tibialis Anterior Raise
150x15; 150x15; 150x15
10x8; 10x8; 10x8

Bench Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XT2pF7LmOo&feature=youtu.be

Notes
-I significantly reduced squat volume because the gym was closed yesterday, and I have a big squat session on Monday.

-Squat form.  I feel its definitely improved, but still has a long way to go.  Compare the above 335 vid to the 420x5 from September 3rd.  First, I'm getting a lot deeper.  I was below parallel today (especially the second rep).  Second, my upper back work has definitely improved my hand/arm position.  Look how they flared straight back in the 420 vid. At 335, the angle is much better.  I'm also more upright.  With that said, I still don't think it looks great.  Most noticeable is how much forward lean I have before even beginning the squat.  I'm seriously considering moving to a high bar squat.  I'll continue to work on mobility/flexibility...there is a lot I need to address, and really its a matter of totally committing to fixing the issues.  I haven't really been able to do that yet.  I'm doing a bunch of stuff, but I need to do more.  Knee stress was moderate.

-Bench form.  Pretty pleased with this overall.  Its obvious I'm tight and my entire body is under control.  There isn't much movement at all.  Bar path looks good.  I like the arc back towards the pins.  Really engages my triceps.  Also, its hard to tell from the vid angle, but I'm tucking my elbows pretty well.  The most noticeable issue is the head raise.  Honestly, I've done this for a long time and its something I'll have to really focus on changing.

2 comments:

  1. Bench looked solid.. except for the head raise. I agree.

    SQUAT LOOKED A LOT BETTER.

    And I agree on taking time with your warm ups.. when you blow through them, chances are you miss half of what you are trying to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep thanks dude... been doing most of the stuff we talked about with the squat. It is slowly coming around. I just nee to do it everyday and take longer to do it.

    ReplyDelete