Saturday, November 5, 2011

Kettlebell Complexes

Turkish Get-up form work to warm-up

Complexes 
Swings  x Clean & Press x Goblet Squat
20; 10/10; 20
20; 10/10; 20
20; 10/10; 20

Notes
-I talked Dede into getting the 8kg (17.6 lbs). She joined me and a buddy of mine for today's workout outside.  Its a lot of fun working in a group.  I think KB's are a perfect introduction of strength training for females.  In 10 minutes, she was doing textbook swings and goblet squats.  This is something she can do by herself whenever she wants now.  Try accomplishing that with a barbell back squat.

-I'm contemplating just doing kettlebell stuff for another week before starting sheiko.  I really feel like this is rebuilding my body.  My flexibility, specifically the bottom position of the squat, is really improving.

-Hamstrings are pretty sore right now, but I'm going to start doing KB work daily.  Dan John recommends 75-250 swings for a "minimum effective dose."

No comments:

Post a Comment