Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15 - Day 33

2x5 Day

Warm-up
I doubled the stretching and dynamic I normally do.  I felt very sore and beat up, so I took my time and got nice and loose.
  • Couch stretch, Psoas/IT band stretch, kneeling stretch, hip circles, mountain climbers, knee raises, butt kicks, asian squats, shoulder dislocations.
  • 3x10 bw box squats to progressively lower boxes (20, 16, 14).
  • 45x20 goblet squats
Deadlift:  315x5; 315x5

Front Squat (all front squats always cleaned from ground: 135x5; 135x5

Bench:  225x5; 225x5

Hammer Chins: 8

Dips: 15

DB Swings: 45x50

Notes
-I felt like shit going into the gym tonight.  8x115 hang cleans and 60 lb 1 arm dumbbell walks left my upper back/traps/core sore as fuck.  Yes pathetic.  I only went in to get some reps in.  I didn't even plan on using my normal 2x5 weight.

Enter the genius of Dan John (I'm on day nine of this 2 week mini-cycle):  "Day Nine is often the day when people see the reasoning behind the program. This is the day where the weights seem to often be just “far too easy.” That is the sign of progress in this program. I remember actually thinking I misloaded the bar and I had to double check my math as the bar seemed to be far too light to be right."

My body felt beat up, but the weight felt like nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment