Friday, October 14, 2011

October 14 - Day 32

10 Tonic Reps

*Warmup*
Couch Stretch, IT Band/Psoas, Hip Circles, Mountain Climbers, Shoulder Disclocations, some other stuff I can't name

Complexes
1 set of 8 reps at 115 of  Bent Row, Hang Clean, Press, Back Squat, Good Mornings

Deadlift
185x10

Bench
155x10

Chins/Pullup supersetted w/ Dips
6; 6
14; 14

Ab Wheel 
5

1 Arm DB Suitcase Carry
60 lbs x 90 yards right; 60 lbs x 90 yards left

Notes
-Therapeutic day in the gym tonight.  Decided to do complexes as a warm-up.  Dan John lays this out in his Mass Made Simple e-book.  In about a week I'll start doing 3 sets of these before every workout, but I'll probably drop the weight to 95.  115 was a tad much for the first time.

-Just wanted to try the suitcase carry.  The first 45 yards I was like this is easy and pointless. The next 30 yards I started to think "wow I can really feel the opposite side obliques working."  The last 15 yards was mostly filled with thoughts of  "crap" and "mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment