Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 5th - Flag Football

Flag Football
Played a 40 minute game of flag football tonight. On the first play of the game their fastest player intercepted, and I managed to run him down from cross field.  It was cool except for the fact I literally pulled both of my groins at the same time.  Seriously.  My own fault for getting their late and not warming up.

I played the rest of the game and had to stretch in between every play.  I seriously felt "old" for the first time of my life. 

Recovery
I could barely walk getting into my apartment.  I decided to take 90 minutes to get myself back in working order. I call this, "JB's Ultimate Recovery Routine."  Here is what I did, in the order I did it:
  • 10 grams fish oil
  • 8 tabs ibuprofin (200mg x 8 = 1600mg)
  • 24 oz Gatorade
  • Foam rolling everywhere needed
  • Deep static stretching
  • 2 scoops Isolate Protein Shake (~50g protein)
  • Contrast bath: Cold 5 minutes
  • Contrast bath: Hot 5 minutes
  • Contrast bath: Cold 3 minutes
  • Contrast bath: Hot 3 minutes
  • 2 scoops Isolate Protein Shake (~50g protein)
  • Bourbon on rocks
  • Massage from gf
  • Hot Shower
  • ZMA
I accidentally reversed cold/hot.  Apparently, you are supposed to start with hot.  Right now my legs feel MUCH better than when I got home.  I still expect to be sore tomorrow... but if I'm anything less than crippled, then my routine worked.

1 comment: