Sunday, January 12, 2014

01/11/14

1.  Squat
255x5; 255x5; 255x5; 255x5; 255x5

2. One Arm Farmer Walk (70)
40 yards l/r; 40 yards l/r

3a.  Swing (53)
5 clusters, 500 reps

3b.  Chin
30 reps

3c. Pushup
60 reps (+10)

4a.  Facepull
20; 20; 20

4b. Scaption
10; 10; 10

Notes
Long, but great workout.  I forgot the iPad so no videos.  Thats too bad, because I started dropping into the hole and my squats had actual spring.  Slightly widened stance felt pretty good.  I really have to think about forcing my knees waaaay out for every inch wider I go. Its crazy how even a half inch instantly produces better leverage. I just need to find the balance between movement efficiency and joint health.

In terms of squat programming, I've settled on linear 5x5, two sessions a week.  Just go up 10 pounds a session.  Although this weight is light in terms of my ceiling, its plenty heavy right now.  I'm sore as fuck today.  I could write all day about why I like straight 5x5.  In short, its the perfect blend between volume and intensity for general strength.

Swings, pushups, and chins felt good once I got going.  I switch every set in terms of grip.  Supinated, pronated, ultra wide to hands touching.  Feels good.  Shoulders are a little achy but the facepulls immediately after seem to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment