Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Deload Week: Speed and Conditioning Work

4/10/12

Sprints
100m x 5 @ 85%

Conditioning
3 continuous rounds
Football bleachers runs +
16kg KB x 25.

Notes
This was a great session.  Got quality speed work in followed by a good 12-15 minutes of solid conditioning work.

We do pretty a bunch of warm-ups to start the sprints.  Lots of dynamic stretching, high knee variations, skips, butt kicks, lunges, crossovers and a little static stretching.  The quality of sprints are much better when I get a solid warm-up in.  I get really wary of sprint work sometimes.  I've got pretty powerful legs, so I'm careful with making sure I'm really ready to run before taking off.  I'm a prime candidate for tearing a hamstring while sprinting haha.

The  next 3-4 weeks will be more of these sessions mixed with lifting.  Probably a 50-50 mix.  This is just what I want to emphasize right now - speed and conditioning.  It doesn't leave me smoked for the rest of the night.  As I get lighter/leaner, this type of stuff gets really rewarding. Session took about 35 minutes from warm-ups to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment