Thursday, April 12, 2012

Deload Week: Sprints and Light Squats

Sprints
Sprint straights, walk curves
100m sprint x 8

Overhead Squats
Lots of work with the bar

Back Squat
135x5
185x5
225x5

Hang Cleans
135x3
135x3
135x3
185x3

Power Cleans
135x3
185x3
205x1
225x1 (PR)

Notes
Great sprint session.  My work capacity and overall speed has greatly improved the past 6 weeks.

I did very light squatting tonight to stay loose and mobile.  A big issue I have with 1x a week movement frequency and deloads is I don't squat for almost 2 weeks.  This usually means I'm stiff and guaranteed to get sore no matter what I do after my first session.  Hopefully this mini session 4 days before my next heavy squat session will stave off some of the soreness

We did some cleans for fun just to work on form.  I haven't done power cleans since college, when I specifically remember missing 225.  Felt pretty good tonight. We are going to start doing cleans before deadlift day.  With some form work, I'd like to hit a 275-300 pound power clean in the next couple months.

2 comments:

  1. power cleans.. you don't say? I need to get in on some of that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, it left my upper traps/back insanely sore. Went to the gym on saturday to do some conditioning, and had to leave. It was day 5 of low carb, so I was potassium depleted I think. I started jumping rope, and after like 6 hops my traps seized up and I couldn't do anything.

    ReplyDelete