Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday, June 30th - Lift


STRENGTH DAY

Conventional Deadlift - 455x5 (vid); 315x5; 315x5
Box Squat - 315x6; 315x5



Notes
-Only had about 35 minutes today, so I'll finish my upper body stuff tomorrow.
-Deadlifts felt like they were grinding much more than the vid shows.  Overall very pleased with the bar speed though.  I think I just need to get used to what it feels like to go heavier in deadlifts again.
-Hips may be a tad high, but whatever.  I'm doing mobility foam rolling and static stretching like 2-3x a day.  I will continue to do this so hopefully my flexibility keeps improving.
-I feel like an animal pulling conventional... bye bye sumo.

-Dropped the deadlift weight because didn't feel like anymore 455 sets would accomplish anything.  Also wore straps for the 315 sets.  Har har!

4 comments:

  1. sawwy jeffy for commenting about your pulls on my blogggg

    lol, i was being lazy on my phone

    anyways, def look strong, easy even

    I would like to transition to conventional but I dont think I have the mobility for it yet (Ive tried)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok Gabriel...haha.

    Thats the thing, I know it doesn't look like it... but I was expecting the video to show a retarded grind on the last 1-2 reps, because that is how I felt. Think I just need to man up.

    Yea I hear you on mobility, which is why I switched a long time ago. I probably should have tried earlier though.

    - Thanks little dede

    ReplyDelete
  3. tbh, all my heavy sets of feel like im grinding, but vids look much smoother than they feel

    thats why I can't use RPE or anything, I will misjudge it

    ReplyDelete