Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday, June 29th

HILL SPRINTS
7 x Long Hill 
60-90 Second rest
Notes
-Finishing was a struggle today.  It takes a lot of self-talk to stay motivated with these week in and week out.  As I am constantly increasing the number of sprints, each week is a new challenge.
-These are getting me in kick ass physical shape, but also really help with mental toughness.

GOLF
1 over par through 6 holes
2 birdies
1 large bucket of balls

Notes
-Best day  on the golf course this year.   I was really striking the ball well and my putting stroke was confident (I was actually making some putts.)
-Short game work is paying off.  Holed out a chip for birdie on the first hole...It was a short chip with 2 hops in the fringe.  Used my 7 iron.  Pin about 10 feet on the green.
-Tempo work went well on the range.  I saw a Golf Channel Academy lesson where on the back swing you count:  "One AND" and then on the downswing you count: "Two."  This promotes a smooth backswing and transition.
-Moved my stance closer to the ball with my driver.  Started hitting it more like a 6 iron.  Some great results... overall better consistency, but the driver still needs a bunch of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment