Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday, June 15th - Driving Range

THE RANGE
(Click to Expand)
This is a shot of the main driving range at the Highlands Golf and Tennis Center in Saint Louis, Mo.  http://www.highlandsgolfandtennis.com/  I took this picture today around 7:00 p.m., right before my practice session began.  The Highlands is a first class practice facility. 

PRACTICE
  •  15 shots to 25 yards
  • 15 shots to 105 yards
  • 15 shots to 120 yards
RESULTS
25 Yards:  58 Ping M/B Wedge off fairway
9 close
3 missed long 
3 missed short

105 Yards: 52 Ping M/B Wedge off mat
12 on
2 missed right
1 missed long

120 Yards: Ping S59 Wedge off mat
10 on
1 missed left
2 missed short
2 missed right

There was a 1 club wind in my face on the range tonight.  The grass on the main range was closed due to heavy rain the past 3 days.  I don't like hitting off the mats, but I just try to make sure I am hitting the ball clean as you aren't really penalized for fat shots off a mat.

Overall I hit the ball solid.  Alignment was off with my 52 - everything was to the right, even though most ended up on the green.  I think I've let me stance open up a bit too much on my wedges.  The 58 should have been a lot better from 25 yards.  For shorter targets I am categorizing my shots as either "close" or a miss.  I should obviously be able to get a 25 yard shot on the green, but it really is only a "good" shot if it is relatively close to the pin.

THE SWING
Decided to take a video tonight.  I've never seen my own swing before.  I didn't realize it at the time, but the sun made most of the shots pretty hard to make out on video.  In this shot however, my silhouette mostly blocks the sun until follow through.  Click the arrows on the bottom right of the video box to expand the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment