Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday, June 22 - Golf, Sprint, and Lift

Today was awesome.  I had a period of about 4 hours where I was continuously active and working up a sweat.  I went from the golf course, to the hill sprints in the park, then directly to the gym.  I also did mobility work this morning. Jim Wendler has a great article called "The World's Simplest Training Template."  Three components make up the template:  stretching, lifting and sprinting. Very basic stuff, but really these three things lay the foundation of any successful training program.
 

GOLF
  • Hit a small bucket with only my 7 iron.  It was fun.  I basically messed around and hit a bunch of different shots - low hook, high fade, low fade, and then tried to hit about 12-15 high draws.  This is probably the most challenging shot for me.  By the end I had a high draw working pretty well, but the draw was weak - about 3-5 yards.
  • Played 3 holes (all I had time for).  Bogey, Bogey, Par.  Missed two short makeable putts for par.  Short game is coming along nicely though... I gave myself a shot for par, which is important.
  • Stopped by golf galaxy during lunch to pick up a couple of gloves... Next thing I know I'm in the stimulator testing the Titliest D2 and the Ping G15.  I was hitting both well - about 285-300 on the fly with 300+ roll-out (according to the stimulator anyways).  The Ping stock stiff shaft wasn't stiff enough though so I was getting a ballooning ball flight. Absolutely loved the feedback on the D2 - I could feel everything.  More to come on this later... I've caught the new driver bug.
 HILL SPRINTS
6 long hill sprints
+1 from last session
Felt slow as hell... probably from the heavy squat session last night
These continue to get easier with each workout
LIFT
Pullups - 5x5 (25 total) supersetted w/ Dips - 5x13 (65 total).
DB Rotator Work - 7.5x2x8 supersetted with DB Curl - 45x2x8 supersetted with DB Rear Delt - 2x8
Decline situps - 3x20 supersetted w/ Seated Calf Machine 160x3x10 supersetted with  Standing Reverse Calf - 45x3x8

Notes
-Thanks to Gabe for recommending the shoulder prehab stuff.  This is really something I should be doing all the time if I bench week in and week out.


No comments:

Post a Comment