Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last Conditioning Session in St. Louis




















Two Man Alternating Prowler Push
-1 mile
-First 1/3 mi with 190 lbs.
-Second 2/3 mi with 90 lbs
-24 minutes

Notes
Connor and I went out to the park for one last session.  Originally, we planned on each pushing the sled one mile.  I have no doubt we could have done this, as we've surpassed a mile in normal sled sessions with runs of 75-150 yards.  But we chose to alternate mostly because neither of us wanted to sit there for 30 minutes while the other guy pushed the sled around the parking lot.

So one guy would push the sled for 100-200 yards, and then let the other guy take over.  This was particularly challenging because rest period were short, and you had to keep moving to keep up with the sled.  We started with 190lbs, but that got ridiculous pretty quickly.   We switched over to 90lbs and finished the session at a nice clip.

I managed to throw up during my last run.  Connor pushed it out to hit 1 total mile.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Overall, this is the best condition I've ever been in.  Hard work has paid off this semester.  Its been fun working with a guy that is willing to train hard and go step for step with whatever you want to do.  I've definitely benefited from the partnership.  If either of us ever had a suggestion on volume, intensity or whatever, it was hard to turn it down.  Who wants to be the guy to say "No, I can't do that."

So thats it for training in St. Louis.  It ends with two bros shirtless in the park pushing a rusted sled around a huge parking lot, and with me puking in the grass.  Sweet Jesus, I'm glad no one really reads this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Haha never bro, never. I was just poking fun at the low hits this blog recieves. Its all good though, obviously I'm not writing to generate traffic.

    ReplyDelete