Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 8

Conditioning

75 Yard Prowler runs w/ 180 lbs.
12 runs
24 minutes.

Notes
Intense session.  Doubled the normal weight per friend's request.  When it comes to the prowler, I generally think lighter weight for longer sessions is better than heavy weight for short sessions.  But sometimes its nice to try something in between.  I still kept my HR in the normal ranges, save for the last run which I sprinted.

Strength Training

Power Day

Clean and Split Jerk
185 for 20 singles on the minute

Hanging knee raises
8; 8.. too sore to do ab wheels.

Notes
Been training non-stop the past week with double sessions on most days.  I feel physically beat down, but its fun. This is basically it.  I won't be able to do this sort of thing for a long time.  I'm out of town this weekend, then moving next week.

Nothing heavy, but I'm trying to be technical with this shit.  This was the first time I've tried actual clean and jerks.  The cleans still need some work, but the jerks are light and feel natural.  I greatly prefer split jerks over power jerks.  When I split, the weight flies up. So my power clean PR is 245, and my btn jerk PR is 255.  My goal for this summer is a 275 clean and jerk.  I'm going to have to buy 45lb bumpers to bring to the NH gym over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment