Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Hampshire Wrap Up


So this wraps up my short week at home in New Hampshire.  I had  great time lifting with everyone and stayed real active.  In addition to lifting I played golf on Saturday and hiked a mountain on Sunday.  Everyday I was doing something, which I love.

I truly look forward to coming home now.  A big part of it is the lifting with friends. We always have great intensity and manage to go hard and heavy - wherever we are at in our programs.  But, probably the most fun is the steak, beer and general bullshitting after each session.  I cannot even describe the ridiculous things that are said to one another, but its all hilarious.

I love the iron.  It brings people together that are from completely different walks of life.  I'm not going to get too into it here, but I'll just say the last week has reaffirmed why I will be lifting in some manner for the rest of my life. Strength training and everything that goes along with it is fucking awesome.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Washington D.C.  I'm 30 pounds lighter, I'm stronger, I'm a little tanner, I've got a lot less chest hair haha.  I feel rested, refreshed, centered, and I'm ready to kick some fucking ass.

2 comments: