Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Weekend Runs

Saturday, May 26th

3.25 Miles
-38 minutes
-139 avg. heartrate

Sunday, May 27th

2.08 Miles
-21 minutes
-153 avg. heartate



I'm going to start running at least 3 times a week.  I like the way it makes me feel.  I'm actually surprised at how  easily I could run 3 miles.  I was definitely run/walking though and stopped frequently to take pics, etc. Being at a much lower bodyweight really pays off with this type of stuff.  There is a half-marathon September 9th that I'm semi-contemplating training for.  I don't know.

Right now I really am seeing the value of pure aerobic conditioning.  I walk everywhere. DC is literally built on a swamp so its humid and hot as hell.  Its nice to be in shape among other people that run, etc.  My basic template for the summer is:

Monday - Heavy Strength training and Conditioning
-Squat, bench, bent row
-Some sort of H.I.I.T.

Tuesday - Small Workout and Run
-Dips/Chins, facepulls, etc
-Moderate Run

Wednesday - Light Run

Thursday - Heavy Strength Training and Conditioning
-Deadlift, press, weighted chins
-Some sort of H.I.I.T.

Friday - Optional Small Workout


Saturday  - Long Run


Sunday - Off


These are some pics from my Saturday run:




1 comment:

  1. Cool post. Great pics.
    Partially influenced by our discussions and by some held elsewhere, I'm becoming a lot more interested in "cardio" lately. Our next visit to the bodhi tree, we will have to discuss our musings.

    ReplyDelete