Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Phase 3 - Day 21

Squat
265x5
265x5
265x5
265x5

Overhead Squat
88x3
88x3
88x3

RDL
215x8
215x8
215x8

Ab Wheel
3; 1; 1

Calves
3 sets

Notes
Next week I'm dropping this days squat session to 3x5.  Then on Thursday, I'm squatting again for higher reps after deadlifts.  This is my basic template:

Monday: Squat, Overhead, RDL, Abs, Calves

Tuesday: Bench, Chins, Pushups, DB Row, Facepulls, Abs... Prowler conditioning if time permits

Wednesday: Off (or conditioning)

Thursday:  Sumo, Squat, Incline, Chins, Farmers Walks, Abs

Friday: Kettlebell Conditioning

The reason I'm not strictly following an A/B now is because I have a workout partner.  This is a good compromise between what I was doing and what he is doing.  The most important movement for me is the squat. I'm doing it twice a week.

I never posted up my goals for 2013, but right now my number one priority is leaning out. That is mostly diet, but I've tweaked my training to reflect that with dedicated conditioning days.  My goal is to be ripped when I graduate in May.

My second goal is to be moving well and healthy by graduation.  This entails all of the stuff I've been doing for the past 4 months.  The only reason this is "secondary" is that I now only do the "full" warmup twice a week.  I'm extremely busy and honestly I started getting burnt out with having to spend 35 minutes of "prep" every time I go into the gym.  I can deal with it 2x though.  Upper body days (Tuesday), I'm keeping shit to 10 minutes or less.

I don't think the routine is perfect but it has what I need.  2x a week squatting, 2x a week neutral hinging, and an emphasis on back work.

No comments:

Post a Comment