Saturday, February 16, 2013

Phase 3 Day 20

Conditioning

1a. Prowler Push
90 x 150 yards
90 x 150 yards
90 x 150 yards
90 x 150 yards (sprint)

1b. Incline Pushups (off Curb
20
20
20
20

1c.  KB Swing
20kg x 20
20kg x 20
20kg x 20
20kg x 20 (snatches)

Notes
The girlfriend was tired this afternoon and needed a nap.  We always have great weekends, but sometimes the activities are nonstop.  Its a lot of fun working out with her but she really needed a break.  While she slept, I went to the park to get a sled session in.  Usually I do much smaller runs, but today I just wanted to cover some distance.

A brisk wind accompanied an air temperature of 32 degrees.  Just cold enough to make the lungs sting a bit.  Forest Park is huge.  I setup in a parking lot but it was nice to still be surrounded by grass and trees.

I don't know what it was but I had a damn near religious experience today.  Yes it was intense, but I've done tons of intense things.  On the last round, I sprinted my ass off, then finished with whipping snatches.  I don't know, it just felt amazing.  I was at my limit.

And I guess it gave me chills because no one was watching.  I was doing it just to do it.   I'm not one to glorify training sessions.  I find that generally the people that do that are weak as fuck.  See e.g., Crossfit.  This blog is for reflection, so I reflect.

It doesn't matter what my numbers are, what program I'm on, how fat I am, how weak I am, my condition, or anything else.  I do this for my own satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. 2x a week. See above. Monday is going to be my "strength" day with 3x5, then on Thursdays after deadlift I'm doing more of a groove/hypertrophy day with 3x8-10.

    ReplyDelete