Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Pump

Thursday 11/22/12

Incline Press
225x3
250x1
185x10
135x16

Close Grip Pulldowns
160x10
Stack x 8
160x16

Standing DB Press
40x8
45x8
45x6

BB Curls in Squat Rack
95x8
95x8
Bar x 55

Notes
The YMCA was open from 9-12 in the morning on Thanksgiving day if you brought in a canned good.  I got a bunch of family and friends to go in for a pre-thanksgiving workout.  Matt, Chris, Amanda, and I just went around and did fun stuff to blast our upper bodies and get a pump.  This made me feel slightly better about the gluttony later in the day.

I  reinforced the neutral body positions I've been working on, and felt pretty good I popped right into them on incline and standing DB.  I'm definitely not ready to move into these sort of movements yet because I still need to master the basics, but I did get a little taste of whats to come.

This workout was exactly what training is supposed to be about - hard work and fun with friends. It left me sore as hell though haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment