Thursday, November 1, 2012

Getting Mobile Day 6

I'm going to stop listing every stretch and dynamic movement I do.  I'll just highlight the main stuff.

Glute Bridges: 20; 20; 20

X-Bands w/ Minis: 10/10; 10/10

Scap Shrugs:  Barx8; Barx8; Barx8

Cable Hip Extension: 45x12; 45x12; 45x12

Pallof Press w/ 5 Sec Iso Hold: 75x5; 75x5; 75x5

Plank:  25 seconds; 25 seconds

Side Plank: 20 seconds Per Side

90/90 Split Squat: a  couple reps per side

Notes
Core and glutes are blasted.  The cable hip Extension is the best glute movement I've found so far.  I'm still having trouble completely isolating my right glute.  Hamstring keeps wanting to take over.  But its getting a little better each workout.

Per Gabe's recommendation I read Dean Somersett's recent article on planks and hip mobility:  http://deansomerset.com/2012/10/25/planks-are-the-magic-bullet-for-hip-mobility/

This was interesting - especially the side plank stuff.  I tried it at the end of my workout last night and I was doing nice deep bodyweight squats with no pain. I do the side plank just like the regular plank: glutes contracted hard, abs braced.  Much tougher, but I feel stiff as a board.

No comments:

Post a Comment