Thursday, July 5, 2012

Strength Day - 7/05/12

Overhead
155x3
185x2.... missed the second rep, stood there, and retried and got it.  I'm like 30lbs off where I was 3 months ago lol
150x3
150x3
150x2
150x2
150x2
150x5

Squat
315x2
365x3
315x10

Chins
2 reps... called it.

Notes
Zero drive tonight.  I'm calling it quits on barbell lifting for a while.  Most of my workout was consumed with thoughts of what negative shit I was going to write about on my blog.  I'm just sick of squatting, pressing, etc.  Its been 12 weeks since my last deload, and even then my deload consisted of sprints and HIIT haha.

I feel like an old man.  My shoulder hurts like hell from a severe subluxation that happened about a month ago.  Knees are just ok, but not great.  Hips are tight.  I'm getting deep on squats but I never feel warmed up right now.  I'm scared in the hole because I feel like something is going to break.

I need some serious time off... not a week, more like a month.  There is a ton of fun shit I can be doing to still stay active.  Sled, tires, sledgehammer, KB's, dumbbells, etc.  I'll start lifting again when I feel like it.  I had already planned on a long hiatus in August, but I think I'll just take it early this year.

I'll come back with a serious strength program and actually have a plan when I walk into the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment