Monday, January 28, 2013

Phase 3 Day 10

Sumo
365x3; 365x3; 365x3; 365x3; 365x3 (hook grip); 365x10 (straps)

Incline
200x5; 200x5; 200x5; 135x19 (+1)

Chins
5; 5

Notes
Doesn't look like much, but this was an important session for me.  I actually felt like I was really training for the first time in 4 months.  As I've said before, I consider the corrective work strength training, but there is nothing like feeling the bar move proficiently again with some weight on it.

Hook grip sucked balls on the first set but I'm starting to get used to it.  I vastly prefer a neutral grip as compared to the mix grip.  I really can't believe I did that for years.  Pulls felt   decently crisp.  I threw the straps on for a higher rep set.  I needed it.  I won't make this a habit on deadlifts, but I just needed it.  I needed to let out some aggression and actually feel strong.

Incline was a little slow at first because the high rep set left me a little winded.  But they are started to feel solid.  I have no desire to go back to flat bench for the time being.  I'm fucking bored with flat bench.  I did it every week for years.  Who cares.  I'll go back to it eventually, but for the time being I want to progress on incline and see what I can do. Its always been a secondary lift for me.  I have a lot left in the tank on this.  PR on incline is 275.

I cut this session short because it was 8:30 and I wanted to go home.  There  was nothing left to accomplish.  I'm still getting my lifting conditioning back up.  Hopefully by next week I'll be ready for full sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment