Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 43

Hypertrophy

Clean and Jerks to warm-up

1.  Pendlay Row
225x5 (PR); 225x5; 135x14(PR)

2. RDL
275x8 (PR); 225x4 (50% set)

3. Seated DB Press
60x7; 60x10 (PR); 60x7

4a. Suitcase Deadlift
135x4; 135x3

4b. Facepulls
12; 12

5.  Strict BB Curl
65x12; 65x12

Notes
Solid night to end this 5 week training cycle.  Part of me just wants to keep going because  I'm finally hitting some PR's, but I think I need a break.  I can't lift tomorrow so I went in tonight with one less day of recovery.  The bar isn't moving with as much pop as it has been, although the movements still feel solid as hell.

I feel great about the Pendlay progress.  185x5 was pretty damn tough for me a few weeks back.  I was diligent about just expanding my volume, grooving the movement a bit, and it seemed to pay off.  225 is not a big deal, but I have zero upward movement on these reps.

Seated DB Press has consistently improved. Due to my knee injury, the point of this was to improve all things pull and overhead presses.  I feel good about both right now.

I'm not exactly sure how I'll approach this deload, and whether I'm going to do a mini peak for some heavier deadlifts.  I'm itching to pull 5 plates for some reps, but its probably premature. I'm thinking at this point I'll do another 4-5 week cycle with these movements.  This is what I SHOULD do anyways.  Just keep building a solid base, and then maybe hit something worth talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment